i am finally back home after a long day of running around which consisted of going to a high school basketball game and making a quick stop at the new grand opening of one of my favorite vintage stores, Rag-O-Rama. their main location is nestled in Little Five Points and they have decided to open up their 2nd location in Sandy Springs, Georgia.”doing a little jig”
i was not too impressed because i hate limitations. they do have a huge selection of items but everything was too damn little; size 0-9’s. who wears a size 6 these days? the one thing that aggravates me the most is going inside a store and can’t find anything to wear because everything is too little and the clothes that are sizes Large & XL are located wayyyyyy in the back of the store collecting dust and lint-
as you can see they do have stylish accessories(scarves, totes,shoes and hats) . i considered buying a few but for a vintage store they were overpriced. I will stick to their Little Five Point location.
So you don’t experience the same misfortune as I did ,consider using these 5 shopping tips.
Use these 5 Shopping Tips
1. Dress well. In order to spend less and buy wisely, dress up in comfortable clothes.
2. Shop with a plan. Know exactly what you need and how much you can spend. Write it down. Create a budget.
3. Keep an ongoing list of clothing needs posted in your closet. As you dress each morning, make notes of items you need to complete outfits such as a wider, brown belt or a white tee with v neck. Be specific. Take the list with you when you shop.
4. Before making a purchase ask yourself, “Does this match my wardrobe in terms of color, style and price? Is this on my needs list? How versatile is this piece? How many ways can I wear it?”
5. Shop first at high-end mass merchants (i.e., Target), outlet malls and off-price stores for basics such as tees, shirts and pants. You’ll then have more money for seasonal updates like jackets and accessories.