Halloween has quickly by-passed us but don’t fret my dears I am hear to save the day with a “DIY Pumpkin Hair Mask & Facial”. Pumpkins are emblematic of fall; harvest season, the beginning of the holidays and eggnog. There are many health and beauty benefits such as vitamin A, antioxidant and beta-carotenes that can promote healthy hair and radiant skin .
Fresh Pumpkin Hair Mask
- Cut a medium-sized pumpkin in half and scoop out the seeds. Chop the pumpkin into smaller chunks and place the chunks in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Spray the pumpkin chunks with cooking oil, cover, and heat on high for approximately 15 minutes.
- Measure out one cup of your freshly cooked pumpkin and set aside in a medium bowl.
- Fold one cup plain yogurt into the pumpkin, then stir in 2 tablespoons of honey. Mix in up to 4 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Apply mixture to your hair, cover with a shower cap, and let the mixture sit on your hair for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the pumpkin mask outof your hair and style as usual.
Home Pumpkin Facial
The natural healing properties of fruits and vegetables continue on into fall and winter, and there’s no better time to take advantage of all the benefits of pumpkin for your skin. Ready to indulge in a calorie-free treat? Here’s how to make your own pumpkin facial treatment at home:
What you need:
2 teaspoons canned pumpkin
½ teaspoon honey
½ teaspoon milk
¼ teaspoon cinnamon spice
How to make your own pumpkin masque:Mix together ingredients into a paste, and brush onto freshly cleansed skin. Let it dry for 15-20 minutes, and then rinse off with warm spring water. Use a pumpkin-infused moisturizer for an immediate glow!
This is the pumpkin I created inspired by “InStyle Magazine” Beauty Secret Tip #67